Sunday, May 31, 2009

O-R-E-O Cupcakes

I had been thinking about making Oreo cupcakes for days, and Saturday morning decided to grab the stuff and get to it. My boyfriend and his roommates are my taste testers, so we'll see how they like them. :)

The Cupcake Portion
1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
Box of Oreos
1/2 cup Oreo crumbs, can use a few from the box

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put an oreo in the bottom of each liner. Combine above ingredients, beat on high speed for 2 mins. If the batter is a little thick (like mine was) add 1/2 cup water. Bake for 18 mins at 350 or until firm to the touch.

The Frosting
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Oreo Crumbs

Beat the cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff and frosting-like. Fold in the oreo crumbs.

I piped the frosting on the top of each cupcake and topped it with a mini Oreo. You can also top with 1/2 of a large Oreo. Also, a lot of recipes just used yellow or white cake, but I thought with Oreo you'd want chocolate... right?

Here's some pics:

Cute little mini Oreo on top!
Photobucket

The coolest part... the Oreo on the bottom. It gives the cupcakes a nice crunch. I'm putting cookies in my cupcakes more often!
Photobucket

You can see the crunch layer at the bottom.
Photobucket

Make sure you store these in the fridge b/c of the whipped cream icing. And give these away quickly, or you'll end up eating some for breakfast like I did! :)

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. I'm not a baker, so I'll show this to my mom so she can make it for me lol.

    I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and they were fantastic. Everyone loved them. In fact, my boyfriend even called them "the cupcakes of destiny." I think I'm going to be making these a lot more from now on. Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these for my family and they loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Followers